Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) Leaders Uplift the Community Through Resources on Health Education and Support for Small Businesses
March 24, 2020
Jennifer Baik | (202) 223-9170
Stella Hill | (213) 718-7617
NATIONAL AND LOCAL LEADERS UNITE AGAINST ANTI-ASIAN SENTIMENT DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) Leaders Uplift the Community Through Resources on Health Education and Support for Small Businesses
WHAT: Prominent AAPI leaders will gather to discuss community resources and address the rise of hate crimes and anti-Asian sentiment due to coronavirus outbreak.
WHO: Speakers include:
- Rep. Judy Chu (CA-27), Chair of the Congressional Asian Pacific American Caucus (CAPAC)
- Juliet K. Choi, Executive Vice President, Asian Pacific Islander American Health Forum, (APIAHF)
- Adam Carbullido, Director of Policy and Advocacy, Association of Asian Pacific Community Health Organizations (AAPCHO)
- Chiling Tong, President and Chief Executive Officer, Asian & Pacific Islander American Chamber of Commerce & Entrepreneurship (National ACE)
- John Yang, President and Executive Director, Asian Americans Advancing Justice AAJC (AAAJ-AAJC)
- Rita Pin Ahrens, Executive Director, OCA – Asian Pacific American Advocates
- Gregg Orton, Executive Director, National Council of Asian Pacific Americans (NCAPA)
- Naomi Tacuyan, Executive Director, Asian American Journalists Association (AAJA)
- Telly Wong, Campaign Director, #WashTheHate, IW Group
This briefing is co-hosted by Asian and Pacific Islander American Vote (APIAVote) and TDW+Co. Moderated by Christine Chen, Executive Director, APIAVote.
WHEN: Thursday, March 26, 2020, at 4 PM EDT.
WHERE: Join by phone or to view the video via Zoom. Details will be provided after you RSVP.
To maximize the functionality of Zoom, plan ahead and download the desktop installer. Follow instructions to install the program, which is free for you as a guest. Then launch the Zoom program by clicking on the Zoom link provided to you by APIAVote. You will automatically be joined to the press briefing through the link. Click this link to learn more about how to join a meeting.
RSVP here for the media briefing: https://apia.vote/
**THIS EVENT IS FOR MEDIA/PRESS. For the community briefing on Tuesday, March 31, 2020 at 12 PM EDT, please use https://apia.vote/
# # #
About APIAVote: APIAVote is a national nonpartisan organization that works with partners to mobilize Asian American Pacific Islanders in electoral and civic participation. APIAVote envisions a world that is inclusive, fair, and collaborative, and where Asian American and Pacific Islander communities are self-determined, empowered, and engaged. See our website for more information at https://www.apiavote.org/
About TDW+Co: TDW+Co is an award-winning, full-service, community-based advertising agency with a mission to create meaningful dialogue that inspires communities to make the world better place Founded in 2004, TDW+Co is privileged to work with dedicated brand partners that share its mission including AARP, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, U.S. Bank, and the U.S. Census Bureau, serving as the official national communications and outreach partner to the Asian American communities for the 2020 Census. TDW+Co is a 100% certified minority-owned and disadvantaged business enterprise with offices in Seattle, Los Angeles, and New York. For more info, visit tdwandco.com.