Asian and Pacific Islander American Vote (APIAVote) is the preeminent national nonpartisan nonprofit that promotes civic participation in Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) communities through engagement, education, and partnerships. Since 2007, APIAVote has fostered a culture of democratic participation within AAPI communities, resulting in the highest-ever voter turnout (60%) in the 2020 presidential elections and continued growth in the 2022 midterm elections.
APIAVote envisions a world that is inclusive, fair, and collaborative; one where Asian Americans and Pacific Islander communities are self-determined, empowered, and engaged. APIAVote operates under three distinct values:
- We believe in democracy and the democratic process.
- We believe in full civic participation and access for all Asians and Pacific Islander Americans.
- We believe that communities best represent themselves.
- You believe in community building and the value of civic engagement
- You like a collaborative work environment, but can also effectively work independently day-to-day
- You can plan and manage complex projects in a high-performance environment
- You are mission driven with a commitment to public service
Please email your resume, cover letter, and 2-3 references as an attachment to an email with a short explanation of why you are a good fit for the position you are seeking to fill to email@example.com.
APIAVote is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status. For more information on APIAVote, please go to www.APIAVote.org.
Youth Engagement Program Manager
APIAVote seeks a student affairs professional with community organizing experience to fill its Youth Engagement Program Manager role. Qualified applicants will need to work collaboratively to develop and implement effective leadership, organizing, and civic engagement programming targeting Asian American and Pacific Islander, youth, students and their networks. This is a full time exempt salaried position with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
LOCATION: Either be living in the DMV area or willing to relocate to the Washington, D.C. area
REPORTS TO: National Field Director
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
SALARY: $60,000 – $70,000
- Recruit and build a coalition of student organizers and youth organizations on college campuses to implement APIAVote’s Youth engagement program with the goal to train AAPI youth to be leaders and organizers who inspire action in others and nurtures a broader culture of civic and political participation.
- Work with the guidance of the National Field Director and Executive Director to implement and scale APIAVote’s four part Youth Engagement Program:
- Actively recruit students and campus organizations;
- Conduct in-person regional leadership and organizing training;
- Develop opportunities for students to connect with and engage in the broader political, policy, and organizing ecosystem at the federal and state levels; and
- Coordinate a national youth focused civic engagement program.
- Oversee the operations of APIAVote’s internship program and other student engagement programs that feed into the broader political, policy, and organizing pipeline at the federal and state levels.
- Provide support to APIAVote’s National Field programs including the Norman Y. Mineta Leadership trainings, fundraising events and other programs.
- Serve as primary lead APIAVote representative in coalitions such as Students Learn Students Vote Coalition (SLSV), etc
- Future people management opportunity to supervise one (1) direct report
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree and three years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Preferred: Master’s degree in Higher Education and Student Affairs and 2+ years of experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Preferred: 2-4 years of experience in community organizing strategy and tactics, preferably in non-partisan issue based organizing and grassroots activism;
- Experience in youth organizing and student leadership development;
- Ability to develop and implement leadership and organizing curricula;
- Experience in community and coalition building;
- Solid understanding of and experience with social media and digital campaigns;
- Ability to tap into your own personal base and network, as well as quickly develop new ones for APIAVote’s programs;
- Organized workstyle with strong administrative and communications skills;
- Experience developing and editing high-quality written materials and presentations, including fact sheets, talking points, statements, etc.;
- Committed to the mission and goals of APIAVote, and actively practices inclusion and understanding the diverse needs of the AAPI community.