Asian and Pacific Islander American Vote (APIAVote) is the preeminent national nonpartisan nonprofit that promotes civic participation in Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) communities through engagement, education, and partnerships. Since 2007, APIAVote has fostered a culture of democratic participation within AAPI communities, resulting in the highest-ever voter turnout (60%) in the 2020 presidential elections and continued growth in the 2022 midterm elections.
APIAVote envisions a world that is inclusive, fair, and collaborative; one where Asian Americans and Pacific Islander communities are self-determined, empowered, and engaged. APIAVote operates under three distinct values:
- We believe in democracy and the democratic process.
- We believe in full civic participation and access for all Asians and Pacific Islander Americans.
- We believe that communities best represent themselves.
- You believe in community building and the value of civic engagement
- You like a collaborative work environment, but can also effectively work independently day-to-day
- You can plan and manage complex projects in a high-performance environment
- You are mission driven with a commitment to public service
Please email your resume, cover letter, and 2-3 references as an attachment to an email with a short explanation of why you are a good fit for the position you are seeking to fill to email@example.com.
APIAVote is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status. For more information on APIAVote, please go to www.APIAVote.org.
Program Associate, Strategic Communications
APIAVote seeks an enthusiastic candidate who is committed to APIAVote’s mission and vision to fill its Program Associate, Strategic Communications role. Qualified applicants will need to be a strong written and verbal communicator, have experience building and retaining a engaged social media presence, and have a personal understanding of the Asian American and Pacific Islander (“AAPI”) community. This is a full time exempt salaried position with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
LOCATION: Either be living in the DMV area or willing to move to Washington, D.C.
REPORTS TO: Strategic Communications Manager
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
SALARY: $54,334 – $59,887
- Manage and monitor APIAVote’s social media platforms, ensuring consistent brand representation and engaging content across all posts;
- Draft written media materials including press statements, op-eds, letters to the editor, and advisories;
- Draft and publish regular online newsletters;
- Work under the supervision of the Strategic Communications Manager to develop and drive strategic social and traditional media campaigns that advance APIAVote objectives;
- Work under the supervision of the Strategic Communications Manager and in collaboration with APIAVote staff to devise and execute strategic communication plans that draw upon traditional media relations tactics, while integrating innovative uses of digital platforms and content to reach various audiences;
- Work under the supervision of the Strategic Communications Manager to develop and disseminate talking points to support APIAVote’s team and network of community-based partners;
- Work under the supervision of the Strategic Communications Manager to develop, write and design marketing materials, reports, fact sheets and infographics;
- Support the Strategic Communications Manager to create and update web and social media content, including interactive graphics and video clips to improve traffic and engagement, site referrals, and search engine optimization;
Other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with a customer service mentality and high degree of integrity, accountability, and emotional intelligence.
- Experience developing and editing high-quality written materials and presentations, including fact sheets, talking points, statements, etc.;
- Solid understanding of and experience with social media and digital campaigns;
- An understanding of social media strategy and activation as a tool for both reputation management and engagement and promotion of APIAVote, its impact, and leadership;
- An understanding of the news cycle, how the media landscape is changing and apply that to APIAVote and its strategies;
- Ability to work independently with and advising various teams
- Strong interpersonal skills such as tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organized. Demonstrated ability to work in high-pressure environment, prioritize, and meet competing deadlines
- Ability to tap into your own personal base and network, as well as quickly develop new relationships for APIAVote’s programs;
- Organized workstyle with strong administrative and communications skills;
- Committed to the mission and goals of APIAVote, and actively practices inclusion and understanding the diverse needs of the AAPI community.