Asian and Pacific Islander American Vote (APIAVote) is the preeminent national nonpartisan nonprofit that promotes civic participation in Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) communities through engagement, education, and partnerships. Since 2007, APIAVote has fostered a culture of democratic participation within AAPI communities, resulting in the highest-ever voter turnout (60%) in the 2020 presidential elections and continued growth in the 2022 midterm elections.
APIAVote envisions a world that is inclusive, fair, and collaborative; one where Asian Americans and Pacific Islander communities are self-determined, empowered, and engaged. APIAVote operates under three distinct values:
- We believe in democracy and the democratic process.
- We believe in full civic participation and access for all Asians and Pacific Islander Americans.
- We believe that communities best represent themselves.
- You believe in community building and the value of civic engagement
- You like a collaborative work environment, but can also effectively work independently day-to-day
- You can plan and manage complex projects in a high-performance environment
- You are mission driven with a commitment to public service
Please email your resume, cover letter, and 2-3 references as an attachment to an email with a short explanation of why you are a good fit for the position you are seeking to fill to firstname.lastname@example.org.
APIAVote is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status. For more information on APIAVote, please go to www.APIAVote.org.
Development Operations Manager
- Develop under the direction of the Deputy Director and manage the strategic direction of fundraising operations for the implementation and execution of tools and best practices that will build on the current foundation of fundraising processes, including but not limited to reports and analysis for all categories of revenue: direct mail, individual giving, major gifts, corporate, and grants.
- Under the direction of the Deputy Director and Executive Director, maintain and update donor files in a Customer Relations Management (CRM) module, ensuring the integrity of donor information.
- In partnership with the Deputy Director and administrative team coordinate the processing of acknowledgments, tracking all donations, recognition, and communication with donors.
- Support the Deputy Director in the tracking, execution, and performance of fundraising efforts including but not limited to; major gifts, foundation grants, corporate fundraising, and online small dollar giving.
- Provide holistic support to ensure efficient and effective fundraising practices that advance APIAVote’s revenue and engagement goals.
- Represent APIAVote as the key relationship manager for departmental vendors, ensuring an efficient and responsive process from engagement to execution and fulfillment of deliverables.
- Minimum two years of experience in fundraising operations, with demonstrated expertise in database management and Microsoft Office or Google suite;
- Experience providing customer service and user support related to data operations, customer relations management (CRMs), and/or fundraising platforms;
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analysis and research skills, with the ability to effectively translate information to a wide variety of stakeholders;
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to take a project from assignment to completion; Ability to manage multiple simultaneous requests for information and prioritize those requests to meet deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal skills: the ability to work with diverse audiences internally and externally. Detail-oriented and demonstrated ability to quickly and concisely synthesize large amounts of information;
- Exceptional organizational, written, and verbal communication skills that include sensitivity to donor information;
- Experience working within a “team” fundraising and/or a sales environment, leveraging shared resources to identify revenue and engagement opportunities;
- Ability to work independently and use good judgment;
- Committed to the mission and goals of APIAVote, and actively practices inclusion and understanding the diverse needs of the AAPI community.